who you work With matters
I would love to hear from you! Send me a message and I’ll get right back in touch.
Integrative Training Institute uses a sound biomechanical approach to exercise that embraces muscle contraction and its role in force output. With guided exercises and coaching, we observe training routines objectively, deconstruct and analyze movements that require improvement, and develop strategies to encourage good technique and optimize muscle function.
Muscle Activation Technique (MAT™) is a non-invasive approach to restoring muscle efficiency and improving the neuromuscular connection. MAT™ is effective in improving muscle contraction, reducing existing pain, and preventing future injuries.
Functional nutrition is the practice of considering every aspect of one's health, diet, and overall lifestyle when giving nutrition recommendations. It is a highly customized holistic health perspective that takes your unique specifications into account to trigger healing from the cellular level.
Is ITI Right For You?
- Do you wish to exercise but are unsure of what to do when it comes to exercise?
- Do you find yourself injured often as a result of exercising?
- Do you feel your training protocols and regimens have become stagnant and unfulfilling?
- Have you reduced or eliminated altogether certain exercises because they “hurt” when you perform them?
- Have you become frustrated and overwhelmed with the bombardment of information from the “experts” on various online and social media platforms regarding exercise and are seeking clarity and guidance?
- Have you not felt well for some time and have forgotten what it feels like to feel well?
- Have you tried countless diets or attempted to make changes that didn’t work or weren’t sustainable and as a result left you feeling frustrated?
- Have you recently developed symptoms that leave you feeling uncomfortable, sluggish, in pain and desperate to find a solution?
- Are you looking to regain your old form, that youthful energy, or make changes to your body composition?
- Have you heard about integrative and functional approaches to health and wellness and are curious as to whether it can help you?
- Do you have pain?
- Do you experience tightness, or reduced ranges of motion on a regular basis?
- Do you find your life limited by these physical ailments?
- Is it your wish to engage in physical activity but are unable to?
- Have you heard about Muscle Activation Technique and are curious as to whether it can help you?
- Do you feel that your career, relationships, finances, family are suffering as a result of you not being as healthy as you can be?
- Do you feel that getting your health and wellness in order will translate in to an improvement in these areas of your life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then I.T.I. may be the right place for you!
At ITI, we believe that gaining insight and a deep understanding through the detailed assessment of each client is essential. The information gathered allows us to comprise a comprehensive game-plan to assist you in achieving your respective health and performance goals. This process, combined with the requirement that a simultaneous shift in consciousness and perspective occur regarding what it means to thrive, place you in a position for continued success.Deconstruct... Reconstruct... Dominate. A unique process that involves an intimate collaboration from both client and practitioner.
- Deconstruct: A healthy breakdown of the current state of the client while raising awareness about the root cause of your health concerns and conditions.
- Reconstruct: The strategic implementation of your customized program under an umbrella of continuous and careful guidance and support.
- Dominate: The new commanding influence you have over the expression of your life due to your new-found health and wellness. This resulting transformation carries a positive force that impacts and translates to all facets of your life.
- A revolutionary approach to the function, assessment and correction of the neuromuscular system.
- A non-invasive technique that examines muscle contractile efficiency and its relationship to limitations in range of motion and loss of joint integrity due to muscular imbalances.
- A dynamic modality that can be performed on any population and within all age groups.
Muscle Activation Technique can be an appropriate and effective form of treatment for EVERYONE! MAT has been successfully implemented in various settings including elite athletes in all major professional sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, PGA, ATP, etc..), rehabilitation and physical therapy clinics, personal training, and numerous other wellness and performance environments.
Muscle Activation Technique’s premise is that muscle or joint “tightness” or “stiffness” is secondary to muscle weakness. Furthermore, a sense of neuromuscular stability or strength is required before an individual can enjoy proper mobility or freedom of movement. This sense of stability is derived from our ability to restore proper communication between the nervous system and the muscular system.
How is this done? Built into MAT is a system of checks and balances. This system of checks and balances applies to the one thing an MAT practitioner is responsible for: muscle contractile ability. The loss of efficient muscle contractile capabilities results in decreases in range of motion which lead to decreases in physical performance. A preliminary range of motion evaluation is conducted to determine which muscles display decreased contractile abilities. Through precise muscle testing followed by specific manual palpation at the attachment points of the tissue...Learn More
I have been a client of James for 13 years. I worked with several other trainers in the past, but once I started with him, I was hooked because it was clear to see (and feel) that James was not just a...Read More
I have participated in high-level athletics since I was a kid. When I was in college, my athletic journey took a step forward when I trained to walk-on to an NCAA division I football team. When James and I...Read More
I have been training with James for ten years, and he is easily the best trainer I have ever encountered. I started weightlifting seriously after college because I have back problems resulting from a childhood...Read More
What is FunctionalNutrition?
Functional nutrition is the practice of considering every aspect of one’s health, diet, and overall lifestyle when giving them nutrition recommendations. In this way, functional nutrition follows a systems approach to healthcare that takes into consideration how interrelated every part of the body is. This strategy seeks to look at the big picture of health by restoring physiological functioning. With functional nutrition, symptoms are seen as clues for diagnosing your primary health problems, whether they are related to diet, illnesses, medications, lifestyle factors, exposure to toxins, antibiotic use, or other factors.
While standard healthcare will try to suppress these symptoms with medication, functional nutrition instead sees them as clues for understanding the underlying issues within your body. By considering the impacts of seemingly unrelated factors on your health, functional nutritionists will put together a holistic health plan that takes every aspect of your health into consideration.Find Out More
Excited & Prepared
Let us assist you in your transformation process.